U9 Boys Guidelines
The U9 Boys age group uses the following parameters:
- Size 4 Soccer Ball.
- Allowed up to two hours of practice time per week (one, two-hour practice; two, hour-hour practices; or one, one-hour practice - per coach request).
- Typical practice times are 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:30, or 6:30-7:30pm (per coach request).
- Games are played 6v6 including a goalie.
- Minimum number of players required per team to start the game is four (4).
- Blow-out rule applies (see Coach Handbook, Parent Handbook, or P&P Manual for details).
- Games consist of two, 25-minute halves.
- Throw-ins are used for out-of-bounds (not kick-ins).
- Goalie is not allowed to pick up or handle the ball on pass backs from a teammate nor outside the penalty box.
- Offside Rule applies (players cannot be in an offside position when the ball is played).
- Penalty kicks are taken when applicable.
- Free substitutions are allowed with permission of the referee at the following times:
- Prior to throw-in, only in your favor,
- Prior to a goal-kick taken by either team,
- After a goal scored by either team,
- After an injury, for the injured player only and only when the referee stops the play, and
- At half-time.
- No jewelry of any kind is allowed. Earrings may NOT be taped down. Earrings MUST be removed.
- Shinguards must be worn, covered completely by socks, during all practices and games.
- Two adults must be present at all team activities.
- Medical Liability/Treatment Forms must be carried by coach/assistant coach at all team activities.