BRYC Needs YOUR Help!
Volunteer Options – BRYC is a volunteer-run organization. MANY volunteers are needed to provide the service that we do for the kids in our community. We never have the help we could use, so each of our leaders often wear many hats.
Beginning in Fall 2021, we required that parents perform one volunteer duty per child registered. If parents choose to opt out of volunteering, they will be charged a $25 “Opt Out” fee per registration.
Volunteering has so many rewards that you never understand… until you try it. Come join us!
These are brief descriptions of various volunteer opportunities available at BRYC. If you have other talents you would like to share with the club, please contact the BRYC Commissioner:
- Executive Committee Staff - OPEN Positions:
- Secretary – assist with administrative duties for Executive Committee (minutes, update policies, procedures, handbooks, etc.)
- Public Relations/Communications – help spread the word about BRYC to the community, write content for website and social media, write and send club-wide emails
- Social Media – manage social media accounts for the club, circulate to fields to take pictures to post
- Game Scheduler – coordinate inter-club play with other local clubs, create and manage the seasonal game schedule
- Executive Committee Assistant – Training, Fields, Uniforms, Equipment – Assist Directors with the duties, as needed
- League Director –Create teams, engage coaches, ensure coaches have completed their training (SafeSport/Concussion), ensure coaches have rosters & equipment, ensure the season runs smoothly and coaches adhere to BRYC’s code of conduct. Handle any issues that arise or bring to attention of Deputy Commissioner.
- League Uniform/Equipment Manager – Assist League Director during season with uniform and equipment distribution (pre-season) and retrieval (post-season)
- Equipment - Managing equipment before, during, and after the season.
- Policy - Helping with writing opportunities EXCOM members may have.
- Head Coach – plan and execute practices, lead team in words and deeds, be a good role model, work to obtain VYSA coaching licenses
- Assistant Coach – support head coach in all their duties, lead team in words and deeds, be a good role model
- Team Parent - support coaches in all their duties, lead team in words and deeds, be a good role model, monitor HealthChecks in TeamSnap
- Volunteer/Field Maintenance – assist Field Director with any seasonal maintenance needed (may include putting blankets on fields, setting up temporary fencing for winter, etc.)
- Volunteer /Uniforms – assist Uniform Director with: sorting uniforms, fill pre-orders from registration by age group, assist at Uniform Day
- Volunteer/Picture Day – assisting at Picture Day traffic control or Spirit Wear sales
If you are interested in volunteering, or getting more information, please reach out to Liz Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org.