Travel & Recreation Team Officials need to be SafeSport trained before start of the 2020-2021 season!
All Team Officials rostered on travel and recreational teams for the 2020-2021 year will be required to complete the SafeSport training. The SafeSport training will be valid for 1 year, with a refresher course required each year after.
SAFESPORT TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
- Go to: SAFESPORT TRAINING LINK
- Applicants may need to create an account and then verify their account with a link emailed to them from SafeSport.
- On the "Add Membership" form, select 'U.S. Soccer' as your organization.
- Enter Access Code which was emailed to you. If you have not received a code, please contact Tom Laning (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the code.
- There are 3 modules in order for the applicant to be SafeSport trained:
- Sexual Misconduct
- Emotional & Physical Misconduct
- Mandatory Reporting
Once complete, the SafeSport certificate will automatically be uploaded into Sports Connect (Affinity) within approximately 24-48 hours.
Save a copy of their certificate for your own files!
- Make sure Team Officials use the same name and email address as their Sports Connect (formerly Affinity) profile. This is how the SafeSport training certificate will automatically upload to their Sports Connect profile. Manually uploading certificates should not be necessary.
- The training will take at least 90 minutes to complete. Applicants can start it and come back to it later.
- For technical issues with a SafeSport account, contact their Help Desk at 720-676-6417 or complete the online help form at https://safesport.org/contact
- FAQ can be found here: https://safesport.org/help/index
REFRESHER COURSE UPDATE
- One year after completion of SafeSport Trained, a user will complete Refresher
- The refresher course will automatically appear in the user's SafeSport account.
- A year after that, they will complete Refresher 2
- Refresher 3 for the third year will be available at the beginning of September
Coaches will not receive a roster until this is completed.